Business Entity Formation, Governance, Compliance and Operation
We provide assistance to clients by forming and operating all types of business entities:
- General and limited partnerships.
- Limited liability companies.
- Series limited liability companies.
These services include registering the entity with the Nevada Secretary of State and assuring that it’s approved to do business in the state of Nevada by preparing effective bylaws, operating agreements, buy-sell agreements and all other documents necessary to assure the smooth and lawful operation of a business entity. We have assisted numerous corporate clients in domesticating their entities from other states to Nevada, and we can also help you take steps to prepare for an organized dissolution should it become necessary. During the life of an entity, we can assist owners, officers, directors and shareholders with all compliance and governance issues, the acquisition and sale of assets, leasing, franchising and general commercial operational matters that confront businesses in Nevada and California. We also serve as Registered Agent to companies located in Nevada and across the country.
Our firm practices in a broad range of commercial litigation, including:
- Contract and real property disputes.
- Shareholder and related corporate suits.
- Real property and title insurance matters.
- Trusts and fiduciary issues.
- Fraudulent transfer and conveyance cases.
- Debt recovery.
- Foreclosures and deficiency judgments.
- Mechanics’ liens.
- Construction disputes and defect cases.
- Employer/employee claims.
- Premises liability.
- Commercial leaseholds.
- Ranching and livestock disputes.
The members of our firm regularly practice in courts on both sides of the Sierras, throughout Nevada and central and northern California. We have also tried cases in Texas, Colorado, and Florida. Rick Oshinski and Mark Forsberg are experienced appellate attorneys in Nevada, California, and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Alternate Dispute Resolution
The members of our firm assist clients in the growing area of dispute resolution by means other than litigation when it serves the best interests of our clients. We have extensive experience representing clients in arbitration and mediation, both pursuant to agreement of the parties and under court-annexed procedures. We have represented clients in matters involving:
- Real Estate.
- Homeowners and homeowners’ associations.
- Family matters.
- Labor and employment disagreements.
- Commercial contracts.
Our firm’s members have also served as mediators in selected cases.
- Property acquisition.
- Public-private partnerships.
We represent owners and tenants in ground leases, public facilities, offices and mixed commercial use complexes as well as real estate development approvals and entitlements.
Land Use, Development and Entitlements
- Master planning.
- Public and private utilities.
- Public-private partnership and financing agreements.
- Condominium projects for residential and aircraft hangars.
- Approval of major commercial developments and mixed-use projects.
Our firm has been instrumental in obtaining approvals for large and small development projects from all levels of legislative and administrative bodies. We have successfully litigated land-use and development cases in the state and federal district courts and before the Nevada Supreme Court and United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. The members of our firm also have extensive experience representing public entities in land use and development matters.
Wills, Trusts and Probate
- Preparation of simple wills.
- Living revocable and irrevocable trusts.
- General and durable powers of attorney.
- Other instruments.
We can also assist executors and trustees in the administration of estates and with all aspects of probate and probate court.
Cannabis Licensing & Compliance
We help cannabis businesses navigate the unique regulatory environment in which they operate, assisting with transactions involving licenses and other assets, as well as providing guidance regarding general corporate governance.